REGISTRATION RULES FOR THE TOT DRET 2017
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY
This race, in addition to being particularly long, involves many stretches at high altitudes, including also 3000 meters, and the conditions can be very difficult (running at night, in the wind, cold, rain, or snow). Proper training and a real capacity for self sufficiency are indispensable for successfully completing this individual race.
Therefore, to participate, you must:
- be absolutely aware of the length and unique details of the race
- be perfectly prepared, physically and mentally.
- have acquired, before the race, a real capacity for self sufficiency in the mountains, in order to better manage the problems presented by this type of competition, in particular:
- you must know how to tackle alone, without help, climatic conditions which can become difficult due to the altitude and weather conditions (dark, wind, cold, fog, rain, or snow)
- you must be able to handle, even when isolated, the physical or psychological problems caused by great fatigue, gastrointestinal problems, muscle or joint pain, small wounds or abrasions caused by prolonged movement, etc.
- be aware that the role of the Organization is not to help a runner manage the normal problems that may arise, and be aware that when running in the mountains in a race such as the Tot Dret, safety depends on the ability of the runner to adapt to the foreseeable problems or any problems that may arise.
There are no specific limitations for entry into the Tot Dret, but it is strongly recommended to have already participated in other long, multi-day routes before this competition.
A valid medical certificate declaring fitness for competitive sports, specifically for endurance sports, recognized in the country of residence, is required to validate the registration.
The registration fee is € 200.00.
This registration fee includes all services described in these regulations: the official race pack, the buffet upon arrival, all assistance and supplies provided during the race, transport back to the welcome base in Courmayeur and/or Gressoney, transport of the runners’ bags to the Ollomont life base.
Registration is done via a pre-registration website at (www.100x100trail.com), filling out the form in its entirety. The process assigns a unique code to each registered person. Registration is unique to each individual, and exchanging bibs and/or replacing names is not allowed. If it is established that there was an exchange of registration between two people, both people will be removed from the registration list, and any payment they made will not be refunded.
Payment must be made by credit card upon registering online.
A maximum of 750 runners will be admitted, including overbooking.
By registering, you confirm having read and accepted the rules of the race.
Each sponsor has a fixed number of registrations available for their own team, established during the contracting stage and commensurate with the sponsorship bracket, which each sponsor manages at its own discretion.
The organization reserves the right to invite athletes of key players in sports (running and trail-running) according to special criteria based on the ITRA Index of Performance (men> 850, women> 750). If an athlete wishes to register, they must submit their application no later than January 31, 2017, the Organisation will judge to give or not the inscription.
20 solidarity bibs will be made available to runners. The sale of these bibs will be done via the 100x100trail.com website, from March 20, 2017 to June 30, 2017. The cost of each solidarity bib is €1,000.00. Payment is by credit card and a formal receipt will be issued for tax purposes. The organization will carry out payment of the assigned amount to the chosen association (minimum €500.00), withholding outlay costs for management of the runner in the race.
Registration is handled by the website 100x100trail.com, owned by VDA Trailers, and you need to be registered at this website to register for the race. Participants of races organized by VDA Trailers are all already registered with the site. For those who registering for the first time, you may want to first register at 100x100trail.com, before pre-registration of the race begins.
The registration period will be open for the first 500 runners from February 1, 2017 at 12:00pm to February 14, 2017 at 6:00pm, of whom will have to completely fill out the online form and pay the €200 entry fee. After payment has been received and confirmed by the online payment service, the registration will be entered in the organization's database and you will be sent a confirmation email. Only completed transactions made by credit card and confirmed by the international payment system will be deemed valid. The organization shall not be held liable for the approval of online payments. The registration period will be reopened for the remaining 250 runners on March 1, 2017, subject to availability of the remaining spots (750), using the above-stated procedures.
DISCLAIMER AND MEDICAL CERTIFICATE
To complete the registration process, a medical certificate declaring fitness for competitive sports and the disclaimer of liability must be uploaded to your personal profile at (www.100x100trail.com), no later than August 1, 2017.
In the event that the competitor does not provide a medical certificate and the disclaimer in time, they will not be able to take part in the competition.
Certificates or registrations will not be accepted at the race starting point.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE RACE RULES AND ETHICS
Competitors taking part in the Tot Dret undertake to abide by the rules and ethics of the race, as published by the Organization and available on www.tordesgeants.it
REFUND OF FEES
50% of the registration fee will be returned in the following cases:
- in the event of cancellation of the race due to last minute acts of God;
- if an athlete is forced to withdraw as a result of serious certified injury or illness before the event; in this case, cancellation must be carried out no later than August 15, 2017.
No other type of refund will be permitted.