Sports competitions in Italy have restarted, thanks to the progressive evolution of the planned openings, to the international agreements in progress (e.g. access to the EU for non-EU citizens vaccinated, immunized or with negative COVID tests), to solutions such as the Green Pass and the campaign vaccination, we have the tools to plan next summer's activities.
Furthermore, due to their specificity, races like the Tor des Glaciers do not contemplate the possibility of gatherings along the way.
The VDA Trailers task force, made up of professionals and experts in health emergencies, has defined the guidelines for conducting the race safely, in addition to the protocols already in force for mountain huts, public places, transport and sporting events.
In recent months we have all gotten used to some basic behaviors that will also be valid during competitions:
- the obligation to use the mask
- the distance between people
- the temperature measurement
- the sanitation of the hands
In addition to these simple rules, there will be some special provisions:
- Bib delivery: access to the area will be regulated to ensure spacing and avoid gatherings. You will be assigned a number with which you will be called to receive your bib, your race pack and your TOR bag. You will always have to wear a mask.
- Start: the start area will be enlarged and the competitors will have to keep safe distances. The mask will be mandatory for everyone up to at least 500 meters after the start. There will be an anti-crowd control service both in the departure area and along the city route.
- Time detection: in all passage points (refreshment points, huts or life bases) there will be the time detection system with chip.
- Life bases: where necessary we will increase the spaces used for rest; food and drinks will be distributed by volunteers with the prohibition for runners to serve themselves, to avoid contagion. There will be a ban on access for both the public and accompanying persons, but special spaces will be set up for meeting the assistants; the mask will always be mandatory.
- Refreshments: food and drinks will be distributed by volunteers with the ban on runners from serving themselves, to avoid contagion. There will be a ban on access for both the public and accompanying persons, but special spaces will be set up for meeting the assistants; the mask will always be mandatory.
- Refuges: all the refuges are already organized to welcome their guests according to a precise protocol that will also be applied during the competition.
- All the people of the TOR (competitors, volunteers, collaborators) will also be equipped with a chip for correct tracking.
As the scenarios relating to the pandemic evolve and in line with the indications that will gradually arrive from the authorities, you will be informed of any further provisions to be observed before and during the race.
We are waiting for you in Courmayeur!