Eyes are looking at the sky: today they are not looking for divine protections, but for information about rain and wind.
Official weather forecast, the intensity of rain and winds are the elements the organization of Tor have to value in order to decide, before Saturday evening when the technical briefing with runners will take place, if a plan B is to be adopted for the first day of the race. “But we could even decide on Sunday morning, at the starting line” says Alessandra Nicoletti, organizer of Tor “ there are chances the perturbation is less intense that it was thought to be”.
Anyway, a team is already set in order to mark the variation that will make the race 7 km longer, but that will not take the runners up ( and down) from Col de La Crosatie ( 2328 meters). The paths will take them to Planaval and from there to the life basis of Valgrisenche. Time needed to run this part of the race should be almost the same of the “normal race”. After that, the weather seems to be more helpful.
In the meantime, today is time for the pre - race program. Yesterday night runners and supporters were already coloring Courmayeur while today is the day when most of the participants will get here.
Today, 2 pm, at the Forum Sport Centre in Dolonne, it will be time for the bibs given out. Top runners will get their own bibs at 6pm, at Jardin de L’ange, in Via Roma, downtown Courmayeur. After that it will be their time to check the compulsory material and to hand out their yellow bag. At 8pm there will be the technical briefing and, following that, the Pasta Party.
It is the last day that will take to the final greetings when just few hours are left to the start.